Thursday, December 23, 2010
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
p.s this is first post written entirely on mobile. Expect more mini posts now. Will try to get back here and write something.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Last Week was full of News.. Good ones.. Congratulations to Faded Glory for her promotion. Congratualations to VR and AD on their engagement. Congratulations to Simar for getting his degree Congratulations to JK for opening new venture. Congratulations to RS for ROKA. Congratulations to JK for engagement. Congratulations to PG for parent's silver wedding anniversary. God Bless them all. to my friends -> if you did something great and did not share, you missed mention in this congratulatory post. p.s - waiting for all of them to invite me and give treat. :P p.p.p.s - wait for my self promotion post which will be up next :D
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Thursday, March 04, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Thursday, February 04, 2010
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
1. To get interviewed- This is most random thing to think of *in my case*, but kuch na kuch to aisa kar hi jayenge ki apna bhi kuch naam hoga. On serious note,be practical, outperform and get interviewed and if by end of september, no one takes my interview then i will post my resume on naukri and will 'get interviewed' for some new job.
2. Shot at dream companies - Not that i don't like my current work place, but i have some dream companies on my list and working in your dream company always act as morale booster. My current workplace was also in that list when i joined it but this year with some experience in kitty, i think i will definitely like to give a shot to two names in list.
3. Read and Write - This year i will read more, not sure if that reading would be subjective or leisure reading but definitely, i will be friends with books. In terms of writing,i will try to write more this year. been a good start so far. Three posts in this month and i have already written so many letters which add to 'writing' stuff and if my english gets better with, i might start writing seriously :p
4. New Wardrobe - I want a new wardrobe. new clothes. new colors of turban.new shirts. new jeans. new trousers. formal. casual.everything. and to buy all of this, a sponsorship. :D anyone? I will be a good brand ambassador. pakka promise.
5. Bring AmritSarovar back - Amritsarovar needs attention and contribution. got plans but need good time to implement them.can expect things getting better in later half of year. so definitely before year ends, site will be back with better presentation.
6. Travel Show - To work on travel show. be it for myself, be it for youtube or be it for any production house, but some time and effort gonna be spent on this.after 'world cafe asia' experience, the learnings and exposure should be utilized in some manner and if you are reading it, make sure you see the show as well. release date. well.. something unsure of.. but soon :)
7. Less of Crying and More of Laughter - took this line from a poem written by a friend. last year has been totally different from few years before that. expectations were minimal and life was better. lot of travelling, good moments and less issues.
8. Travel Travel Travel - I have wheels on feet and i travel a lot and i have this thing in mind to travel more and see some new places this year. Rajasthan, Sikkim, Leh/Ladakh, Srinagar, Uttranchal are some places i want to visit sooner or later and yes mumbai for sure in near future. just waiting for things to be little stable and then i wanna feel the spirit of Mumbai for some time.. kuch to hai us sheher mein.. ya fir us sheher mein rehne wale dost mein ..mujhe mumbai jana hai. too filmy.. but when you like koko.. you can't help it.. :D
9. Gain Knowledge - I want to increase my knowledge about my city, my state, my country, my religion and be confident about all of them when asked about.I am proud Indian,I am proud Punjabi and I am proud Sikh. not in any order.
10. Laptop. Camera. Cellphone. Bike. Wishlist is one word :) p.s= wardrobe already mentioned above.
11. Learn a dance form - Be it Salsa, Jive, Hiphop or Bollywood, i should learn atleast one thing this year. so that next four years i cover all of em. dnt ask me for bhangra,that is in genes :P
12. Talk Less- Heh.. just kiddin.. relax.. :p
Saturday, January 09, 2010
Something which caught my attention was this donation by Jasmeet to The Uniform Project which eventually goes on auction and money collected to educate a girl child. Jasmeet is a friend and upcoming fashion designer. Its not that she couldn't donate money to some cause, but since it was something where she could share her art and help the cause at same time, i think a great idea.
Thursday, January 07, 2010
Have you listened 'Ek Ongkar' in Rang De Basanti ? and wondered what did it mean? Its actually the moolmantar in sikhism which is sung beautifully in movie as background score. the moolmantar starts with 'ek ongkar' goes till 'gurparsad'.
Original Moolmantar Text in Roman -
Ikoaŉkār saṯ nām karṯā purakẖ nirbẖao nirvair akāl mūraṯ ajūnī saibẖaŉ gur parsāḏ.
Ikoaŉkār - only one God.
saṯ nām - Truth is his name
karṯā purakẖ - the creator
nirbẖao - without fear
nirvair - without hate
akāl mūraṯ - timeless and without form
ajūnī saibẖaŉ - beyond birth and death, The enlightened one
gur parsāḏ.-known by the Guru’s grace
Jap = Remember Him and Embrace His meditation
Aad Sach = He was present in the beginning
Jugaad Sach = He was present before the Yugas (ages) began.
Hai Bhee Sach = He Is present now
Naanak Hosee Bhee Sach. 1 he shall certainly be present in the future. says guru nanak.
After Gurparsad, these are first few words of japji sahib recited by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
For any questions on it. feel free to post them in comments. will try to get answers for you :)